Help create the mandala! By developing and nurturing our dedicated volunteer team you directly support the flourishing of the Dharma and all the students who benefit from it.
To manage and coordinate Volunteers at Langri Tangpa Centre.
Help to create the mandala! By developing and nurturing our dedicated volunteer team you directly support the flourishing of the Dharma and all the students who benefit from it.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Well-developed organisational skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a broad audience confidently.
- Well-developed computer skills, eg Microsoft Office word and email.
Up to 3 people sharing different areas of responsibility. 1 hour per week evolving into 5 hours per week. At LTC class and in one’s own time.
- Attend regular meetings and work closely with the SPC to identify current needs, events or one off jobs, and prioritise which vacant roles are critical.
- Maintain a strong presence at the Centre to help identify potential volunteers.
- Review and update PDs and website listings in consultation with SPC and Management Committee.
- Answer inquiries, provide volunteers with PDs and answer any questions they have.
- Assess current or potential skills, experiences and qualities of persons through verbal discussions with them.
- Introduce the volunteer to the relevant LTC Committee member for training.
- Organise inductions, lead the session if necessary, and email the notes 1 week in advance.
- Update the Management Committee each month (at their meeting).
- Report any complaints, disputes or grievances to the Management Committee.
- Ensure volunteers sign the Volunteer and Confidentiality Agreements. Track any other legal obligations, both national and from FPMTA and LTC. Contact referees, carry out Police checks or sight Blue Card.
- Advise successful candidates or provide feedback to applicants who don’t meet the criteria.
- Keep lines of communication open to offer flexibility of arrangements, support and burnout. Provide opportunity for volunteers to express ideas and feedback from their experience.
- Regularly touch base with each volunteer and respond appropriately to questions or issues.
- Organise an annual morning tea for volunteers, when a visiting lama is here and can meet with them.