Joining Us in the Gompa…
- Write your name on the day’s roll. This is for safety or evacuation purposes.
- All events are by donation. Your contribution helps us to keep providing classes such as these.
- Socks or a sarong? It’s shoes off in the gompa, so if it’s winter remember to BYO warm socks! If it’s summer, please dress appropriately or bring a wrap to cover your knees.
- Sanitise, social distance, stay home if sick. Please abide by any directions from the class leader.
- Our COVID-safe plan is regularly reviewed in relation to QLD Health updates. In-person events adhere to physical distancing, hygiene, and room ventilation.
- Seating is spaced appropriately. Please observe physical distancing and wear a facemask if requested.
Cultivate a peaceful, calm mind, with guided mindfulness meditations for both established students and complete beginners. Discover how to set a comfortable posture, practice mindful breathing, and enjoy simple calming meditations. (IN-PERSON)
Join us for a unique inner journey as we follow the Twelve Deeds of the Buddha’s life by enacting a traditional pilgrimage, with prayers, offerings and short readings from the sutras. Discover the stories, pictures and events from the time of the Buddha, with archival photos, a short sutra at each place, and dedications. (ONLINE & IN-PERSON)
Containing the whole path to enlightenment, this puja is the foundation of all spiritual progress, and is a profound and joyous event! Nurture the powerful potential for spiritual growth with a ceremony rich in symbolism. Reliance on our spiritual teacher is the foundation of all spiritual progress, and this ceremony helps us create mountains of merit and purify broken samaya. (IN-PERSON)
Spend a relaxed morning enjoying a guided meditation led by the LTC monks and nuns! Mindfulness breathing, short Q&A, followed by a cleansing meditation on the Buddha. Stay on afterwards for delicious chai tea in reception! (IN-PERSON)