- This event has passed.
Rinpoche’s Long Life Puja Picnic
Saturday, 12 May 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Live-streamed from the Great Stupa retreat in Bendigo, and hosted by the LTC nuns here at Langri Tangpa Centre. We will make mountains of offerings, join in the prayers, and be able to add in additional explanations about the significance of the ceremony. A highlight is the entrance of the five long-life dakinis, and the exquisite puja tunes to move the guru’s heart.
Benefits of the long life puja (for all of us):
– It is the direct cause for our lamas to show the aspect of a long healthy life.
– It purifies past mistakes that we, as individuals or centres, have made with respect to our teachers (such as not following the advice, not keeping our practice commitments, or allowing negative minds to arise regarding the guru).
– It clears away our own obstacles to long life and attaining realisations on the path.
– It is the best practice to ensure prosperity for oneself and one’s centre in the future because the guru is the most supreme object of generosity
New start time of 9 am. Offerings, chai tea, dedications, offering khatas, and circumambulations. Come when you can, to make an offering and a personal prayer. The puja is expected to end by 1.30 pm. Remember to BYO lunch to eat together afterwards!
Many ways you can become involved:
– Come along on Saturday morning and join the puja and picnic
– Offer food or flower during the week (if you can’t come on the day)
– Make donations for the mountains of tsog
– Make a tax deductible donation and email in your special dedications
– Help prepare the tsog goodie bags on Friday 10th (contact reception)
– Bring “red vitasoy” milk for chai
– Donate to Rinpoche’s animal liberation funds
– Donate to local animal sanctuaries or welfare societies
– Donate blood and email in your special dedications