Discover the unique system for putting Buddhist philosophy into practice, contained in the Lam Rim, or “graduated path to enlightenment”.
Gain a clear idea of the path to enlightenment, especially its three main components: renunciation (the determination to emerge from cyclic existence), bodhicitta (the wish to help all others in the best possible way) and the correct view (understanding dependent arising and emptiness as two sides of the one coin). We outline the progressive, step-like structure of the lam-rim, with its origin in the teachings of Guru Shakyamuni Buddha. We cover the three scopes, and where they fit in our present stage of spiritual development. Discover what to do next, and how to get from here to enlightenment!
– Individual classes are by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Purchase a package to receive all 9 links at once for $80. When prompted, enter promo code “PACKAGE” and the option will appear
– Notes for the course are available for $20 (free for LTC members)
This particular unit is broken up into three sections, reflecting the sections of the lam rim – small, middling and great scopes. Topics in the Course:
– Life story of the Buddha and how it mirrors our own
– Short history of Buddhism and the difference between Hinayana and Mahayana
– The correct way to listen to the teachings and get the most benefit from them
– The three scopes on the path to enlightenment
– The four noble truths
This course takes an in-depth and comprehensive look at the entire path to enlightenment – and is suitable for both the committed beginner and more established students. Eddie Peet is a registered FPMT teacher, and has been leading the Discovering Buddhism course since they first began in 2002. He includes powerpoint screenshares, quotes and readings in each class. There will also be an opportunity to ask real-time questions by typing them into the chat.