Join us for a community picnic and sutra recitation! A great day out with fellow LTC students and Sangha, enjoying quality social time, gallons of chai tea, and join in reciting the Sutra of Golden Light, bringing harmony and healing to the environment and all the beings around.
CHANGE OF VENUE: We are now meeting at a private home of a long-term LTC member that backs onto Merthyr Park in New Farm (address supplied on booking). We can recite in comfort, enjoy a swim in the pool, and bless the Brisbane River with at the end of the recitation with the blessed water from Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche. Remember to BYO lunch!
Where to meet: Catch the 196 bus, get off stop 26 at Merthyr Park. Meet in time to start at 10 am. Address will be supplied upon booking – call 0432 937 015 if you get lost!
What to bring: Bring your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, lunch and a plate to share. (LTC will bring the sutra, offerings and chai)
About the Day: We meet at the venue and begin with motivation prayers and a speech blessing. We recite the sutra in three sections, and offer our delicious chai tea in the breaks. The day is by donation. All proceeds will go towards a community, animal or land care association in the area.
Venues we visit throughout the year:
– Storybook Farm haven for disabled animals
– Glass House mountains picnic lookout, with permission from the traditional owners
– German Shepherd Canine Rescue
– Private house at Merthyr Park, New Farm, to bless the Brisbane River
– SAHA (Save A Horse Australia), near Esk
– Coochiemudlo Island, Bribie Island and Enoggera Reservoir (so we can also have a paddle)
– Dog and bird rescue sanctuaries
– Cat Cafe in the winter