Guided meditations on kindness, compassion, empathic joy and equanimity. Learn to relax, practice mindfulness and develop resilience and positive emotions.
This present time of upheaval and uncertainty provides an opportunity to develop our inner resources and resilience. These meditations will help increase happiness and reduce suffering by abiding with joyousness and equanimity, so that each day we bring loving-kindness and compassion to ourselves and those around us . Learn to relax, practice mindfulness, and cultivate these attitudes to foster your own happiness, and help others without burning out.
– Individual classes by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes.
– Purchase a package for $50 and receive links for all 5 classes in one transaction. When prompted, enter promo code PACKAGE and the option will appear!
– Notes for the course are $15 optional add-on when you purchase a ticket.
As human beings we have an innate potential to fully develop the universal qualities of kindness and wisdom. Over five weeks we will be guided in developing and strengthening universal attitudes of care and resilience, such as kindness, compassion, empathic joy and equanimity. In Buddhist practice these are known as the Four Immeasurables, as their benefits are extensive for ourselves and our community.
The meditations can be enjoyed by people of all religions, or no religion. Be guided in step-by step methods to develop these attitudes within the heart, so that they become part of your automatic reactions, integrated fully into your life. Topics include:
– breathing and relaxation meditation to begin
– guided, step-by-step meditation on the four universal attitudes
– cultivating compassion, kindness and equanimity on a deep, heartfelt level
– Abiding in joyousness as a support for developing resilience
– Discussion, feedback and advice on your own progress