- This event has passed.
Learn to Meditate
Thursday, 8 April 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until Thursday, 29 April 2021
Learn to relax and practice the many meditation techniques available to us, overcome distractions, and bring an inner calm to daily life.
Want to meditate but unsure where to start? Have a regular meditation practice but want to go deeper? Heard of various meditation but wondering how we apply them to daily life? Experience the many benefits and profound purpose of meditation in this popular beginner’s course. Topics covered:
– how to sit comfortably including chair or floor
– what to meditate on and how to know if we are doing it right
– practical techniques to counter drowsiness and distraction
– visualisation meditations to calm and inspire
– tips to maintain a steady practice in the face of life’s ups and downs
The meditations can be used in all traditions, both Buddhist and non-Buddhist, and there is no expectation that you become a Buddhist. The classes include a short guided meditation, handy hints and instruction, selected readings, and plenty of time for questions.
This short 4-week course is ideal for beginners unsure where to get started, as well as newcomers wanting to stabilise their practice. It’s a great way to receive on-going instruction, check in how you are going, and receive constructive feedback week-to-week on your new meditation practice! Come along and enjoy the peaceful ambience of our meditation hall, and the company of like-minded practitioners.
– Individual classes by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Purchase a package for $60 with all notes, and registration for all classes in one transaction. After you push the red tickets button, enter promo code “PACKAGE” in the link, and this option will appear.
– Notes are also available separately for $18 (free for LTC members)