Explore essential aspects of Tibetan Buddhism, that guide our inner journey of both personal liberation and global harmony. Each class has a presentation on a key aspect of Buddhism, time for questions and a guided meditation to integrate the topic into daily life.
Each class includes:
- How to deal with negative emotions so they don’t overwhelm us
- How to develop a natural sense of compassion
- How to develop a realistic (and optimistic!) view of ourselves and the world
- A beginner’s presentation of renunciation, bodhicitta, and the correct view of reality
- Practical examples of how the topic relates to our daily life
- A guided meditation so as to integrate theory into a practical experience
Investigating a new topic each week, this is an excellent opportunity to get an overview of core Buddhist teachings in the Tibetan tradition. This course is ideal for first time students new to meditation or to Buddhism. You do not have to be a Buddhist to attend. Although the classes are sequential, each class is designed to ‘stand alone’ and be immediately applicable to everyday life, so you can join at any time.