Live Avalokiteshvara empowerment from HH the Dalai Lama, an initiation into the practice of great compassion, especially for these times.
There will be live webcasts of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s two day Avalokiteshvara Empowerment from his residence in Dharamsala, HP, India on May 29-30, 2020.
People are requested to please follow social distancing rules while viewing the live webcast. Webcasts also available in Tibetan, Chinese, Hindi, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Mongolian.
This ceremony will be a “wang”, meaning it is a full initiation into action tantra. There will be commitments and responsibilities for all attendees, the details will be clarified by His Holiness. The commitments when taking a wang include:
– You officially become a Buddhist, and take the Buddha, his teachings, and the spiritual community as your main guide and refuge.
– You take His Holiness the Dalai Lama as your guru
– You joyfully commit to any practice requirements, such as a number of recitations of om mani padme hum each day
– You take on the full set of bodhisattva vows (18 main and 46 auxiliary) for this life and all future lives until enlightenment
– You do not practice Shugden
Please register for BOTH days, as this is a 2-day event! It may be possible to take this initiation as a “blessing” but please be prepared to fully commit! If you are not ready to, and this is perfectly OK, His Holiness will give instructions how you can participate, but they may come quite quickly so you will need to pay attention!
Please note that both the dates and times are liable to change! If you register here, then you will receive several reminders in the lead-up to the event, and we will be able to keep you updated with changes.
This event is freely offered.