Depression and anxiety are the pain system of the mind. In this course we discover how to listen to what anxiety and depression are telling us, so we can remove their root causes, rather than just mask the symptoms. The root of these is our distorted and negative self-view. By developing a realistic appreciation of our innate human qualities, we will be able to naturally overcome our fears and become happier and kinder human beings. Topics include:
– Buddhist psychology is a science of the mind, naturally pure, but polluted
– Investigate the nature of identity to develop natural confidence and self-worth
– Step-by-step methods to counter disturbing emotions
– Distinguish between attachment and love, craving and kindness
– Developing a natural patience to overcome anger and frustration
– How to listen to the message in depression and anxiety
– Breaking the habit of worry and the toxic depression cycle
– Simple techniques to cultivate positive states of mind
This popular course is well into its fifteenth year. These methods are not just for Buddhists, they are universal and helpful for both Buddhists and the non-religious. The classes are sequential, but you are most welcome to join at any time, as each class is a stand-alone topic.
– Individual class by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Purchase a PACKAGE for $108 with registration or zoom links for all classes in one transaction, weekly catch-up soundfile, notes and powerpoint slides. After selecting a ticket, enter promo code PACKAGE and this option will appear!
– Notes for the course are also available separately for $18 (free for LTC members)