- This event has passed.
From Theory to Practice – Integrating “Discovering Buddhism”
Wednesday, 15 July 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday, 19 August 2020
How do we put the puzzle pieces together to bridge theory and practice? Discover how to integrate the essential points of the Discovering Buddhism topics into your own life, how to reflect and meditate effectively to develop realisations, and enjoy a short video of teachings from Buddhist masters.
This short course help both new and established students to integrate the profound teachings of the Lam Rim. It is an excellent introduction for newcomers, and an essential refresher for established students. Topics include:
– Road-map of the path to enlightenment we can use right now as our guide
– Understanding karma, being empowered by knowing your future is in your hands
– Lasting satisfaction and protection from suffering from refuge in the Three Jewels
– Establish a daily practice both on and off the cushion in every part of your life
– Buddhist science of the mind and how we create our experience of the world
– How samsara is a state of mind under the control of karma and delusions and nirvana is the complete freedom of liberation
– Benefiting others by training in altruism and in so doing making our lives more meaningful
This short course help both new and established students to integrate the profound teachings of the Lam Rim. It is an excellent introduction for newcomers, and an essential refresher for established students.
– Individual classes by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Purchase a package for $50 of links for all 6 classes in the series. When prompted, enter promo code PACKAGE and the option will appear!