Discover how to set up a meditation practice, and how to find a valid spiritual path that is authentic for you and won’t lead you astray. We all have a potential for buddhahood, but how do we develop it? How can we incorporate ‘eastern’ ideas of death, reincarnation, and karma without being superstitious? And how can we develop compassion and care in a world riven in strife and distraction?
– Individual classes are by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Purchase a package to receive all links at once. When prompted, enter promo code PACKAGE.
– Notes for the course are available for $20 (free for LTC members)
Each class includes a presentation on key elements of Buddhist philosophy, how they relate to our daily life, an opportunity for questions, and short guided meditations. Topics include:
– how to meditate and set up a daily practice
– the nature of our mind and Buddha nature
– making up your own mind – arguments for and against reincarnation
– making sure your faith is based on reasoning and logic
– how and why we take refuge in the Buddha and his teachings
– developing self-esteem by discovering the value of our human life
– how to prepare for death and help others at death time
– developing the causes of happiness and uprooting the causes of suffering
The classes also contain a practical ‘hands-on’ element where we learn how to sit comfortably, how to do a prostration, how to make offerings or set up an altar, and how to treat the monks and nuns. We also learn the meaning and reason for doing these things, and the many benefits they bring.