- This event has passed.
Easy Habits for Happiness
Tuesday 15 February @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Discover how to break destructive habit patterns and replace them with lasting habits for happiness. Using a foundation of Buddhist psychology, and supported with insights from western neuroscience, learn practical methods to overcome destructive behaviours, resulting in happier relationships and a natural confidence.
Rather than forcing ourselves to change, becoming exhausted and demoralised when things don’t turn out as we hoped, we can learn to dismantle our negative habit patterns so they no longer arise.
Whether they be physical expression and how we treat others, how we communicate, or our own thoughts and feelings – just suppressing them takes energy and is rarely effective. If we can begin to dismantle them step-by-step, we can replace them with beneficial activities that enhance our own peace of mind, and benefit others as well.
– A close look at what happiness is, and the difference between hedonic pleasure and inner contentment
– Identifying what triggers our negative habits and compulsions
– How negative habits arise and what we can do to dismantle them
– Simple techniques to cultivate positive mental habits
– Practical methods to make our communication both kind and effective
This course is relevant for both Buddhists and non-Buddhists, and whether you are religious or not. Although the classes are sequential you can join at any time. The classes include short guided reflections, selected readings, reflection activities to do at home, and time for questions in class.