Without this wisdom, liberation or enlightenment are impossible. Discover the most subtle view of reality; achieve a calm and peaceful mind.
**The final class in this course will automatically transfer to an ONLINE booking due to the snap lockdown in Greater Brisbane from Monday 29 march, 2021. You will be emailed a zoom link 30 minutes before the class starts.
– Individual class by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Package of all classes plus a weekly catch-up soundfile, in one transaction, for $108. After selecting a ticket, enter promo code PACKAGE and this option will appear!
– Notes for the course are $20 (free for LTC members)
The realisation of emptiness is crucial for the attainment of liberation and enlightenment. Take this opportunity to enhance your ability to bring about this realisation. Learn how to develop calm abiding and different methods to use in meditation on emptiness. Practice accumulation of merit and purification of obstacles – indispensable for generating realisations within the mind. Topics include:
– Look out! Misunderstandings about emptiness
– Avoiding the two extremes of nihilism and eternalism
– Necessity for accumulation of merit and purification
– The finest view – middle-way consequence school presentation on emptiness
– Lama Tsong Khapa’s presentation on the three levels of dependent arising: causes and condition, parts, and mere label
– How to meditate on emptiness by developing calm abiding, using the four-fold reasoning, space-like emptiness and other methods
– The three higher trainings (concentration, ethics, wisdom)