Be guided in the special techniques of mind training (lo-jong) to transform problems into happiness, and confidently embrace all challenges
When we are faced with difficulty, instead of feeling more and more anxious or trapped, we can learn to transform theses adverse circumstances into happiness. We can learn to like problems as much as ice-cream! In addition, if we consider well the disadvantages of self-cherishing and the advantages of cherishing others more than ourselves, we will become inspired to “exchange ourselves with others”. With this type of equanimity, our relationships will become supportive, and we can begin to create harmony within the world as well. Topics for the course include:
– How to release the eight worldly concerns
– Using problems on the path to enlightenment
– Experiencing problems for others
– How to use happiness on the path to enlightenment
– Geshe Langri Tangpa’s Eight Verses
– How to cultivate equanimity and unbiased affection
This course takes an in-depth look at the Buddha’s radical wisdom that shows us how to use every situation – pleasant or unpleasant, good or bad – on the path to enlightenment. The course is suitable for both the committed beginner and more established students.
Eddie Peet is a registered FPMT teacher, and has been leading the Discovering Buddhism course since they first began in 2002. He includes powerpoint screenshares, quotes and readings in each class. There will also be an opportunity to ask real-time questions by typing them into the chat.
– Individual classes are by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Purchase a package for $80 to receive all links at once. When prompted, enter promo code PACKAGE.
– Notes for the course are available for $20 (free for LTC members)