Join us for a community picnic and sutra recitation! A great day out with fellow LTC students and Sangha, enjoying quality social time, gallons of chai tea, and join in reciting the “Sutra of Golden Light”, bringing harmony and healing to the environment and all the beings around. We are visiting Bribie Island this month!
We invite you to come and lend your voice to bless the animals and their environment, and give them not just physical care, but care for the mind—imprints of the Dharma!
Bookings are appreciated so we can arrange car-pooling for anyone who needs it! The day is by donation, with all proceeds going to the animal sanctuary or wildlife preservation group in the area. BYO lunch, fold-up chair, hat and drinks. LTC will supply the sutras and delicious chai!
Where to meet
If you need help getting there, please book in advance so we can arrange car-pooling. Meet at LTC at 9 am
If you want to meet us at Bribie Island, be there by 10.30 am. Gather in the park opposite 21 Sylvan Beach Esplanade. Turn immediate left after leaving the bridge when you arrive at Bribie.
What to bring
Bring your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, fold-up chair, plenty of water, lunch and a plate to share. (LTC will bring the sutra, offerings and chai)
About the Day
We meet at the venue and begin the practice together with motivation prayers, and a speech blessing. We recite the sutra in three sections, and offer our traditional chai tea in the breaks. (If you need help getting there, please contact LTC in advance so we can organise car-pooling).
Bring a picnic lunch, water, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a cushion or chair. LTC will supply the delicious chai and bring all the sutras. The day is by donation. All proceeds will go towards a community or land care association in the area.
Venues we visit throughout the year:
- Storybook Farm haven for disabled animals. Check out an article about them here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-14/storybook-farm-queensland-haven-for-disabled-animals/7025640
- Glass House mountains, a picnic lookout, with chairs, toilets and some shade. We have the permission of the traditional owners.
- German Shepherd Canine Rescue.
- SAHA (Save A Horse Australia), 68 Lukritzs Rd, Tarampa QLD, 4311. The location is near Esk, approximately 69 kms from LTC (around 1 hours drive).
- Coochiemudlo Island, Bribie Island and Enoggera Reservoir (so we can also have a paddle).
- Dog and bird rescue sanctuaries.
- Cat Cafe in the winter.