Bridging the Buddha’s teachings and modern life, we take a new look at topical issues and world events to see with the lens of Dharma wisdom.
A half hour talk on topical issues followed by relaxed online discussion with plenty of opportunity for questions. Topics include:
– Optical illusions and how they reveal our grasping at inherence
– Black lives matter and issue of identity
– How to not go wrong with guru devotion
– Secret history of Langri Tangpa Centre
– Cornavirus hygiene as a path to enlightenment
– How crochet can save the world
– Bringing your pets to enlightenment
Lama Zopa Rinpoche often encourages us to integrate the Dharma, not just leaving it on the level of intellect. He urges us to become an ‘inner professional’ utilising all our modern skills and capabilities to bring the Dharma directly into our life. But where do we begin? How do we know if we are on the right track? And how can we take on a Buddhist world view without feeling a little superstitious?
Miffi takes an informal approach to fundamental Buddhist topics, weaving contemporary examples into the lam rim, and in the process she makes the graduated path to enlightenment both intriguing and enjoyable!
– Individual classes are by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Purchase a package for $50 to receive all 6 links at once. When prompted, enter promo code PACKAGE.
(The painting “Sunny Melbourne” comes from Karma Phuntsok, a Tibetan thangka painter in the Blue Mountains. www.karmaart.com)