Begin with the fundamentals of Buddhist thought and practice – the mind – how it is different from the brain, and how it creates all experience.
Examine what the nature of the mind is, and how it creates all happiness and suffering. Learn to transform destructive thoughts and attitudes to create a positive and joyous mind!
What is “mind,” its nature and function? Come explore the differentiation between mind and brain, mind as the creator of our experiences, and the implications of possessing a mind that has no beginning and no end. In addition, learn methods to transform destructive thoughts and attitudes and create a positive and joyous mind.
UNIT 1: Mind and It’s Potential:
Take the opportunity to join this in-depth course right from the beginning! This is the core program of LTC, and usually takes about three years to complete. You can join at any time. More details here.
– How the nature of mind is clear and knowing
– Identifying Buddha-nature (our potential for enlightenment)
– Mind as a beginningless and endless continuity
– How mind is not the brain
– Mind is not created by a superior being or parents
– Mind as the source of happiness and suffering
– Techniques for changing the mind
– Recognising how precious our human birth is
– How to transform emotions that disturb the mind
Presented by registered FPMT teacher:
Donate and register via QR code when you arrive (no need to book).
Stay on after the class to ask your questions and for interactive discussion, either live or type into the chat (extra 30 minutes).
Want to mix and match?
Purchase a full package here if you want the flexibility to attend either online or in-person throughout the course.