Discover how karmic cause and effect functions, and take control of your own future. Put in place all the causes for happiness, and implement practices to purify negative karma.
This module aims to introduce you to the Buddhist concept of Karma, or internal cause and effect, and what it means to take personal responsibility. Using examples from everyday life we will analyse how our actions determine their results and cause us to experience either happiness or suffering.
Discover effective tools to accumulate merit – the cause of happiness and success – and purify mistaken actions done in the past with the Four Opponent Powers. In addition, explore ways to become adept at dealing with life most effectively and thereby take control of your future.
UNIT 6: All About Karma
We are half way through the 13 units, but you are most welcome to join the course at any time. Discovering Buddhism is the core program of LTC, and usually takes about three years to complete. Come along for a couple of classes and see how the course suits you. More details here.
– Four Principles of karma
– Ten non-virtuous actions and their results
– Four parts of a karmic deed
– The practice of rejoicing
– Importance of motivation and how to make every action meaningful
– Four opponent powers and their relation to the four karmic results
– The six methods of purification
– Merit as the source of all happiness, success and realisations
– The practice of patience since anger destroys all merit
Presented by registered FPMT teacher:
Register via QR code when you arrive, and make a donation (with cash or card). Most people offer $10-$20, but there is no set amount. Please offer what you are comfortable with on the day!
Yes, you can just come along on the night! But if you wish please RSVP as it helps us plan and keep COVID safe.