- This event has passed.
Buddhism in a Nutshell (morning classes)
Thursday, 26 March 2020 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Thursday, repeating until Thursday, 16 April 2020
Introducing key Buddhist philosophy and practice, and focusing on the Four Noble Truths – why we have problems and what we can do about them! Led by western nun Ven. Lozang Lhagsam, this beginner’s course shows how the ancient wisdom of Buddhism can apply in our modern everyday lives.
This course is ideal for first time students, both Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike. It includes short guided meditations, selected readings and plenty of time for questions. Topics include:
– The life of Shakyamuni Buddha and how it is similar to our own life
– How the Four Noble Truths answer the big ‘meaning of life’ questions
– Where to start in our practice of Buddhism
– The different kinds of Buddhism (Theravada, Zen, Mahayana, etc)
– How Buddhism came to the west and where our centre fits in
Can’t see a register button? It’s a glitch… try here … I’m working on it! – Miffi