- This event has passed.
Beginner’s Foundation Course
Tuesday, 31 August 2021 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Key Buddhist topics to help us live with an open heart and a clear mind, with a profound yet practical approach to daily life.
We all have a potential for buddhahood, but how can we develop it? How do we incorporate ‘eastern’ ideas of death, reincarnation, and karma without being superstitious? And how can we develop compassion and care in a world riven in strife and distraction?
Discover how to integrate the Buddha’s wisdom into our hectic daily life. Discover how to find an authentic spiritual path that is relevant to your own life. And discover how to put it all together in an effective and stable meditation practice.
Each class includes a presentation on key elements of Buddhist philosophy, and how they relate to our daily life. There will be an opportunity to ask questions if you are attending in-person. We invite our online participants to stay on half an hour afterwards so Miffi can answer your questions directly!
– how to integrate the Buddha’s wisdom into daily life
– setting up a daily meditation practice
– the nature of our mind, Buddha nature, and transformation
– exploring the case for and against reincarnation
– how karma works and what we can do about it!
– the importance of reasoning and logic, rather than blind faith
– self-esteem and the recognising the value of our human life
– how to prepare for death and help others at death time
– cultivating happiness and uprooting the causes of suffering
– how mantras and ritual enhance our inner development