- This event has passed.
Becoming Your Best Self
Tuesday, 9 February 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, 16 March 2021
Using Buddhist psychology, discover how to bring forth your innate good qualities, and overcome the anxiety and depression of modern life.
– Individual class by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes!
– Package of LINKS and NOTES plus a weekly catch-up soundfile for $80. After selecting a ticket, enter promo code PACKAGE and this option will appear!
– Notes for the course available separately for $18 (free for LTC members)
Discover what holds us back in achieving our innate human potential, and how to develop self-esteem that is authentic, lasting, and stable. By using practical techniques to overcome destructive habits, we will become naturally grounded in your own positive qualities. Our relationships with others will naturally become harmonious, and our projects and passions more constructive. Drawing on Buddhist psychology, we examine how to bring forth our innate qualities, and how to overcome the distraction and anxiety that hamper our daily life and oppresses our relationships. As we learn to overcome destructive habits, we will naturally be released from our stress and anxiety.
– Session 1: Happiness & goal setting. What is happiness? Three types: hedonic, eudemonic, optimal flourishing. Goal setting for immediate and long-term happiness, reflecting your own values.
– Session 2: Overcoming distractions. What distracts us from our goals? Eight worldly concerns and how to overcome them. How to find your own authentic path.
– Session 3: Character development. Based on an innate sense of ethical conduct and fairness, learn to develop your concentration and focus, and to see through the stress and spin with wisdom.
– Session 4: Finding the wisdom in depression and anxiety. Buddhist psychology has radical yet highly effective strategies to overcome these.
– Session 5: Mastering the habit cycle. Understanding the habit cycle, and using mindfulness to develop positive habits and stop feeding the monster.
– Session 6: Stepping into your best self. Simple breathing and mindfulness practices, guided visualisation, and a meditation to break destructive habits.