- This event has passed.
The Art of Living and Dying Well
Saturday, 21 November 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until Saturday, 5 December 2020
What happens when we die? Practical Buddhist insight and advice on preparing for death and assisting others through this crucial transition.
Death comes to all living beings, and at that crucial time of transition from one life to the next, we may not know how to best help our loved ones or ourselves. This course gives practical advice on preparing for death and assisting others through this time. Topics include:
– What practices to do at the time of death to bring peace and confidence
– Advice for the ‘non-religious’
– Inspirational prayers for funerals of all types
– How to make our life and our death beneficial by using the “Five Powers”
– How to help others (including our pets) when they are dying
Join FPMT teacher and western nun Ven. Lhagsam for this unique course that is only held once a year. Ven. Lhagsam has been a Buddhist nun since 200, has 15 years experience in palliative care, and has worked as a registered nurse. She brings the insight and experience of both the wisdom of the Buddha and the modern medical field. She has helped many people (and her cat) through protracted illness and death, and conducts funerals for Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike.
– Individual classes by donation. Please offer what you are comfortable with. You are most welcome to come to any or all of the classes.
– Purchase a package for $60 and receive links for all 3 classes in one transaction. Select your ticket, then enter promo code PACKAGE and the option will appear! (if you are joining later, you receive links to soundfiles of previous classes).
– Notes for the course are $15 add-on when you purchase a ticket.