Who is Eligible?
Full membership of LTC entails both rights and responsibilities. By applying for Langri Tangpa Centre membership you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and will abide by the Langri Tangpa Centre policies.
As a full member, we also require that you:
- Abide by the Five Precepts whilst on centre property (avoid killing, stealing, sexual misconduct, lying, or intoxicants such as alcohol, narcotics or cigarettes).
- Agree to follow the advice of HH the Dalai Lama and Lama Zopa Rinpoche in all centre matters.
- Not practice Shugden (more about the history of this practice can be found on the FPMT website.
Benefits of Membership
Becoming an LTC Member is possibly the best investment you will ever make for the long-term happiness of yourself and countless others!
Full member’s benefits include:
- Library borrowing rights from one of the best Buddhist libraries in Australia
- FAMILY memberships can borrow twice as many books, including children’s titles
- Full access to our soundfiles and videos archive
- 10% discount on books in our Dharma shop
- Mandala Magazine posted to you
- Digital links to Mandala Magazine online
- Donations made on your behalf to all of Rinpoche’s projects
- Donations to long life pujas for HH the Dalai Lama and Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- On-site retreat room (by donation) with guidance in planning the retreat.
- Eligible to apply for sponsorship for major FPMT retreats.
- Exclusive access to member’s only events such as visits from Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
- Eligible for LTC volunteer opportunities
- AGM voting rights (after first year of membership)
- Eligible to stand for office on the LTC Committee (after first year)
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for full LTC Membership, please submit an application here, or else come into the centre in person to fill out the paperwork. We will review your application and get back to you. Please feel free to call us with any questions you may have, or to discuss the various options available to you.