- The life of Shakyamuni Buddha and how it is similar to our own life
- How the Four Noble Truths answer the big 'meaning of life' questions
- Where to start in our practice of Buddhism
- The different kinds of Buddhism (Theravada, Zen, Mahayana, etc)
- How Buddhism came to the west and where LTC fits in
About this Course
This course is ideal for first time students, both Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike. The course includes short guided meditations, selected readings and plenty of time for questions. We like to offer a donation to the class leader to cover their expenses, so the suggested donation is $65/$40 and includes the notes. BYO lunch, refreshments provided.